I have much to tell, but I'm totally wiped right now. My feet are still recovering from 6 hours of standing at House of Blues, and my brain is still dealing with being on the Pacific yesterday and the Potomac today.
Some highlights of the trip:
- Thomas Dolby - the gig was awesome, Thomas was a delight, and it was great to see some friends for the first time in years, and, in some cases, for the first time at all
- Breakfast with Javi! (Javi, you are pretty dang cool - and thanks for breakfast and the great conversation!!)
- Gonzomantis spots a celebrity (who then scowled at me), film at 11!
- Watching the goopy bubbles rise and pop at the La Brea Tar Pits
- Venice Beach in January - and the nut who, of course, decides to converse with me on the pier
- Our attempt to visit the Griffith Park Observatory (helps to read the website in advance...)
- The "Real or Fake" game
- The couple in the hotel room next door to mine, debating who got to carry the gun on their day in L.A.
It was a great weekend. Lots of laughing. Lots of fun. There are so many things I wanted to see and do, but there simply wasn't the time.
Next time. Yes, indeedy.
Meaty post to come...